Brenninkmeijer Holding was founded in September 2000 in Berlin by
the managing partner George L. Brenninkmeijer.
George was born in Glasgow in 1954.
Having completed a multi-cultural education in Scotland, the
Netherlands and Belgium, he started his hands-on training with
the clothing-retail specialist C&A in Hamburg, Germany.
After successful completion and realizing that his heart was in it,
George worked himself up the corporate ladder to further prepare
himself for the managerial challenges that lay ahead.
Within the family business he held a number of management
positions in Europe as well as in Canada.
From 1982 until 1985 George was a member of the national board
of directors at C&A Brazil, participating in the rapid expansion during
an exciting growth period of this highly successful company.
From 1985 until 1990 he was a member of the national board of
directors at C&A Germany, responsible for a large number of stores
in the south of the country.
With the fall of the Berlin Wall and subsequent country unification,
George relocated to Berlin where he, from 1990 until the end of 1998,
was in charge of rapidly expanding C&A in the east of Germany.
In 1999 he examined the Polish retail-market and laid the cornerstone
for C&A in Poland.
In 2000 he left C&A to start the Brenninkmeijer Holding GmbH in Berlin.